Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Self revelations (Detering)

I am Detering, I'm a man who before the madness of war started was a simple farm man with a simple family and life. This war has changed so many things about me, the first ting is about these creatures who are absolutely magnificent being used for something as lowly as war. Horses do not belong on the battlefield, the belong under the plains and allowed to be free to run and eat at much as they want. Since this war started, they are only used for the whims of man, to cause havoc and to kill. Horses have no urge to kill each other because they have a different coat. Why do we? When I heard after a bombardment horses screaming, writhing and slowly dying. I couldn't take it. They do not need to suffer at the hands of their riders. I desperately wanted to end their suffering i wanted to shoot them and not let them die slowly. I only want what is humane. Kat prevented me from doing this, he didn't want me to give away my position.

I decide to leave and go AWOL, after I saw a beautiful cherry tree. It reminded of home and i didn't want to be here any more. Soon after I left I was captured and court marshaled by them. I never again saw my friends again.


No comments:

Post a Comment